Architectual Design Technology (A.A.S)
This programme has been design to provide a two year (4 Semesters) full-time Associate Degree in Architectural Design Technology. This course is intended to provide the Students with the necessary skills as indicated in the list of objectives below and is applied to buildings not exceeding three story’s with a minimum area of 100m2 and should include domestic, industrial, storage and business premises.
Candidate MUST have Five (5) subjects at CXC General Proficiency or equivalent as follows:
A pass of grade 1, 2 or 3 in Mathematics,English,Technical Drawing and Physics
CVQ Level 2 in Architecture Design Technology
CVQ Level 2 in Construction management
A certificate from the Advanced Vocational Education Centre (AVEC) in the related field.
Work experience may be accepted for entry, in accordance with the College’s procedures for Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL).
Special consideration will be given to mature students (over 25) under the College Mature Student Clause.
CFBC Associate Degree in Architectural Design Technology.
To obtain a CFBC Associate Degree in Architectural Design Technology, candidates must complete all required courses.
• Adapt to technological changes in their field;
• Acquire technical written and oral communication skills;
• Acquire technical mathematics applied skills, which are appropriate to the field;
• Acquire good customer relations skills that enhance continuing business relationships and referrals;
• Acquire the skills necessary to use specialized tools;
• Acquire personal responsibility and values, which are attributes of professionalism;
• Acquire and practice safety precautions in the workplace
Upon completion of the programme, student will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively both orally and graphically.
2. Develop sketch plans and details under the direction of a supervisor.
3. Transform sketch plans and details into presentation drawings.
4. Produce working drawings from design drawings.
5. Perform simple construction surveying practices.
6. Demonstrate competency in design and drafting skills in the Architectural and Construction disciplines necessary to become an Architectural (Design) Technician.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
AHDT1002 Construction Technology I
AHDT1003 Design Drawing I
AHDT1007 Architectural History I
AHDT1008 Construction Mathematics I
AHDT1006 Environmental Science I
DRAW1002 Construction Drawing 1
TCOM1001 Technical Communication I
AHDT1001 Site Surveying I
AHDT1004 Building Services
AHDT1022 Construction Technology II
AHDT1023 Design & Drawing II
AHDT1026 Environmental Science II
DRAW1003 Construction Drawing II
COMP1011 Computer Aided Drawing
TVTM1002 Technical Maths
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
AHDT2001 Resource Management I
AHDT2031 Design & Drawing III
AHDT2033 Measurement & Estimating
AHDT3008 Construction Mathematics III(Mechanics)
ELEC1001 Electrical Principles
AHDT1010 Structural Mechanics
AHDT2000 Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning System
AHDT2032 Design & Drawing IV
AHDT2021 Resource Management II
AHDT2009 Internship Job Attachment
AHDT4008 Construction Mathematics
ELEC1008 RCI- Renewable Energy